Pre-order Available-Order. The product will be delivered within a few business days.
Lois Kam Heymann – Auditory Processing Disorder, Advanced Treatment Strategies
- An effective 7-Step by step treatment
- Common Core Goal Writing
- Create a targeted, integrated plan
- Implement the Listening Skills Hierarchy
- Execution the Integrated Lesson Plan
- Set measurable and attainable goals to take your practice to the next level
This seminar will allow you to hear from a highly-accredited therapist and author, who is a 30-year veteran. Lois Kam Heymann, M.A. CCC-SLP, the diagnosis and treatment for Auditory Processing Disorder (APD) & other listening challenges
This is a hands-on course.-For clinicians with some experience in the treatment of hearing problems and auditory processing disorders. The workshop will cover the following listening skills: auditory awareness, auditory discrimination and auditory memory, as well as auditory figure/ground, phonological section and blending, and auditive cohesion. Presentations will include case studies and hierarchical intervention in auditory therapy. This workshop will give you the chance to practice structuring both long and brief sentences.-Term goals, objectives, activities. The group will be encouraged to work together.
- Learn how to develop and treat a child’s evaluated area of weakness (es):
- Use a hierarchical approach to auditory therapy intervention
- From a case study, develop an auditory therapy program
- Each sub-skill requires an auditory therapy activity.
Don’t miss this chance to learn from a true pioneer in the industry. Lois She is highly sought-after in the United States and internationally. She has more than 30 years of experience in her field and continues to improve the lives and well-being of parents and children with her positive, empowering view of learning.
- pply the components Auditory Processing Evaluation.
- Differentiate between Language Processing, Auditory Processing Attention and Disorders
- Find ways to interpret evaluation results.
- Use a hierarchical approach to auditory therapy intervention.
- Find out how to create integrated lesson plans.
- Discuss ways you can accommodate your child’s listening difficulties in the classroom or at home.
Would you like a gift? Lois Kam Heymann – Auditory Processing Disorder, Advanced Treatment Strategies ?
- What APD is and what APD isn’t
- Red Flags to Diagnose
- Hearing vs listening
- Language development has an impact
- Checklists for parents and teachers
- APD is different from LPD, ADHD and ASD.
- Audiological evaluation
- Evaluation by a Speech and Language Pathologist
- Listening/Language Hierarchy
Treatment APD and Listening Challenges
- Auditory Attention
- Auditory Figure ground
- Binaural separation and integration
- Auditory Memory
- Auditory Sequential memory
- Phonological segmenting, blending
- Auditory comprehension
- Expressive language skills
- Templates to help you create individual treatment plans
- Develop therapy based on child’s weakened areas
- Common Core Goals
Templates for Plan Development/Interventions:
- iPad® Applications:
- Carousel Category
- One Step – Two steps
- Tell me a story
- Listening Adventures – Little Red Riding Hood
- Artic Academy
- You have the opportunity to follow a child’s progress from diagnosis to treatment
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration Lifetime access
- Skill level All levels
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes