N. Bradley Keele – Decoding PsychopharmacologyPsychoactive medications are essential for many mental health conditions. Multiple medications are sometimes prescribed to patients by different doctors.
N. Bradley Keele – Decoding Psychopharmacology
THE “NUTS AND BOLTS” PSYCHOPHARMACOLOGY
- Clinical and preclinical trials
- FDA approved and off-Use labels
HOW THE NERVOUS SOFTWARE WORKS
- Neurons: The building blocks of brain and behaviour
- Neurotransmission: Transmitters and Receptors
SEDATIVE-HYPNOTICS, ANXIOLYTIC AND ANTICONVULSANT MEDICATIONS
- Benzodiazepines & barbiturates
- Recent research has shown that behavioral methods permanently extinguish fears.
MEDICATIONS FOR ANTIDEPRESSANTS
- Tricyclics & SSRIs
- SNRIs, new Antidepressants
- Depression is not an option “chemical imbalance”: The neurogenic hypothesis
- New research has been done on the short-Term Antidepressant Effect of Ketamine (aka “Special K”)
- When should Antidepressants not be stopped indefinitely
- How can treatment improve the quality of your life?-Resistant OCD?
- Lithium carbonate
- Anticonvulsants can be used as mood stabilizers
- Do you think Bipolar illness should be considered a thought disorder
- Atypical antipsychotics
- Everything we think is true about schizophrenia is false
- The physiology of pain and its pharmacology
- Non-Opiate pain relief
- The crisis of dependence and Opiates
ETHICS & SPECIAL POPULATIONS
- Drugs and Society
- The DSM is it?-5® What is preventing the search for new medicines?
- Do antidepressants need to be prescribed for children and teens?
- For clients who are older
- Schizophrenia (or Bipolar) or Schizoaffective What is the treatment based on diagnosis?
- Childhood depression
Would you like to be notified about N. Bradley Keele – Decoding Psychopharmacology ?
The Complete Guide to Psychoactive Medications: Side Effects and Uses
Many mental health issues can be treated with psychoactive medication. Multiple medications are sometimes prescribed to patients by different doctors. You may feel that you need to know more about these medications and the reasons they are prescribed. Knowledge about the major psychoactive drug classes will help you answer clients’ questions with greater confidence, accuracy, and effectiveness, thereby improving your delivery of patient services.
This recording provides you with the tools necessary to better communicate with patients and prescribers regarding the medication’s benefits, side effects, and potential dangerous reactions. N. Bradley KeeleDr. Michael J. A. Smith, PhD, has over 20 years experience in psychopharmacology research. He teaches clinical neuroscience as well as psychopharmacology at Baylor University.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration Lifetime access
- Skill level All levels
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes