Available for Pre-Order. Within a few days, this product will be in stock.
Ross Greene – Explosive, Noncompliant, Disruptive, Aggressive Kids
We continue to struggle with and lose an astounding number of kids with social, emotional and behavioral challenges, because we handle them in ways that don’t work. They end up in jail, detention, suspension, dropout, or in restrictive therapeutic settings. All because we have a poor understanding of why they’re challenging and apply interventions that are punitive and obsolete.
The neurosciences have shown us that challenging behavior is a form developmental delay. This has been confirmed by research over the past 30 year. So, children who are difficult to handle have a lack of critical cognitive skills such as flexibility, adaptability and the ability to tolerate frustration. Dr. Greene’s compassionate, effective, evidence-This model, which is collaboratively solved problems using a based approach to solving them, is a departure of conventional wisdom. It reflects what we know about how to challenge kids and how they can be helped.
Dr. Greene This is a world-renowned authority on challenging behavior. It will revolutionize the way you work with disruptive, explosive, or noncompliant people. Aggressive Kids. His engaging, humorous and dynamic style, along with the use case studies and demonstrations, will help you better understand difficult children and better assess their needs so that you can intervene in a way that really helps.
- A new way to understand and interpret difficult behavior is available, which will lead to more effective intervention.
- Discuss why punishment and reward systems may not work for some children who are difficult.
- Take a look at the cognitive skills of challenging children.
- Prioritize unsolved issues that can lead to challenging behavior
- Take the three fundamental mechanisms that adults use to manage problems and fulfill expectations with children (Plans B, C, and D) and summarize them.
- Describe the three ingredients of “Plan B” Reduce the intensity and frequency with which you engage in challenging behavior
- Implement “Plan B” Schools, homes, and restricted therapeutic facilities
Would you like a gift? Ross Greene – Explosive, Noncompliant, Disruptive, Aggressive Kids ?
Explosive, noncompliant, disruptive and Aggressive Kids
- Key Themes
- Different Function Definitions
- As a developmental delay, challenging behavior is called for
- The Down-side of Diagnoses
- The Can’t Versus Will’t Debate
- The Model of Solving Problems Collaboratively: The Essential Ingredients
Lagging skills and unsolved problems
- Useful Information: How can you identify unresolved issues and lag skills?
- Structuring the Assessment Process
How to Solve Problems
- Three Strategies to Solve Problems
- Ingredients of Collaborative & Proactive Solutions
- Troubleshooting Problems Implementing Plan B
Implementation in Families and Schools
- It Looks Like
- Front-Loading Key Implementation Ingredients
- Q & A
There are solutions for children who do not have access to:
- Executive skills
- Language processing and communication skills
- Skills in emotional regulation
- Cognitive flexibility skills
- Social skills
You can have dramatic success with children who have:
- Bipolar Disorder
Utilize Dr. Greene’s “Plan B” Reduce challenging behavior by:
- Problem solving in collaboration
- How to create a “helping relationship”
- Setting behavioral expectations
- Teaching skills
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration Lifetime access
- Skill level All levels
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes