Case Studies will be shared throughout the workshop when introducing interventions to participants, so you will get real life examples of the therapeutic value of my most beloved play therapy interventions I use with young children.
Tammi Van Hollander – Play Therapy for Young Children
Introduction to Icebreaker Activity
Attachment Theories for Building Healthy Relationships
- Video on neuroscience and attachment
- Mary Ainsworth: Four types of attachment styles
- Bolby Attachment Theory
- Video of Still Face experiment
- Group activity
Infant & Child Development Theory
- Mental health in the maternal womb
- Freud and Erikson, Piaget, and Mahler
- Video: Children aged 3 and up perform a marshmallow test-5
- Evidence to support the benefits of play
- Play has therapeutic powers
- Group activity
- Getting started
- Therapeutic benefits
- Limitations & potential risks
- Assessment and treatment
- What’s the motivation behind this behavior?
- What can we learn from the behavior?
- What skills are behind this behavior?
Engaging Children In Play
- Neurobiology and play
- Rehabilitation of developmental trauma
- Tools for self-Regulating
- What are the requirements? for A play therapy room: The basics
- From intake through termination
- It is an ongoing process
Creativity Play Therapy Interventions for:
- Sensory Processing D/O
- Nightmares/Sleep Disorders
Play Therapy Techniques
- Non-Directive play
- Client-Play therapy that is centered
- Art & music
- Dollhouses and dollhouses
- Video and case study
Developmental Play Therapy Ethical issues surrounding therapeutic touch
- Intro to Dr. Courtney’s FirstPlay® Kinesthethic Storytelling Infant Massage®
- FirstPlay® – Demonstration with baby dolls
- Becky Baily: Baby dolls and groups “I love you rituals”
- Developmentally-Use appropriate games and songs
- Fun with Feathers
- Puppet show
- 6 Senses Safe place
- Food and Fun
- Bubble Tennis
- Favorite books, interventions
- Casey’s Greatness Wings
- Greatness Sticks®
- Sandtray Interventions
- Mindful Freeze Dance
- Let the sillies go!
- Sandtray play therapy
Case Studies When introducing interventions to participants during the workshop, they will be shared so that you can see the therapeutic benefits of my most loved play therapy interventions with young children.
Group Activity creative reflection exercise
Final Community Activity
Would you like a gift? Tammi Van Hollander – Play Therapy for Young Children ?
Brain development is fastest in the first three year of life. Play therapy plays a vital role in healthy child development, as well as maintaining the parent/child bond.
This recording is full of appropriate, entertaining, and fun play-based interventions to rewire the brain and create a sense of trust and safety in the infant and young child’s world. Play teaches children how to communicate with the world around them, negotiate and communicate with others, find emotions and empathy, incite their imagination and creativity, and boost their resilience and self-esteem.-You can have self-esteem and many other things.
This recording will help you understand attachment theory and child development. It will also help you to decipher the difference between chronological and developmental age. Most importantly, it will help you to understand children and how they play.
Play The following therapy theories and techniques can be applied to clients:-Cognitive centered play therapy – CENTRED PLAY THERAPY-behavioral play therapy – Developmental play therapy – Family play therapy – Theraplay®.
Through videos and case studies.-on directive play-based activities, you’ll increase your confidence to work with this young population and gain strategies for:
- Sensory Processing Challenges
- Aggressive behaviors
- Sleep Problems
- You can find out more about it!
Children Sensory learners are playful and children can make sense of the world around and engage in it.
Play You will be inspired and equipped with the necessary tools to encourage healthy attachment and development!
Here’s what you can expect in the new book Tammi Van Hollander – Play Therapy for Young Children
- Lectures 1
- Quizzes 0
- Duration Lifetime access
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes