Available for Pre-Order. The product will be delivered within a few business days.
Tracey Long – The Ultimate One-Day Diabetes Course
Do you have evidence?-Based algorithms for managing diabetes to:
- Control blood sugar levels
- Use insulin and oral medication
- Improve “compliance”
- Prevent any complications
No matter what your specialty is, you will see more patients who are:
- Blood sugars over 200
- Are overweight or obese
- Diabetes complications
- Are you suffering from heart disease?
- Don’t follow their diets
- You may need to but not be able to begin insulin
- Do not use an insulin pump
As healthcare providers, we are patient educators and advocates for our patients’ needs. It is crucial that we are able to understand our patients’ disease processes, medication regimens, lifestyle management, and coping skills. Join expert, Tracey LongRN, BSN MS, MS, MSN CDE, CNE CHUC, CCRN as she covers all these areas in this comprehensive program. There are new strategies for treating and preventing this epidemic.-Level disease. Your patients can be empowered to manage diabetes better and live a more fulfilling life.
Pathophysiology & Diagnostic Criteria
- Type 1 Diabetes Subtypes
- Metabolic Syndrome
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Diabetes in pregnancy
Obesity and sedentary lifestyle
- BMI is the Diagnostic Criteria to Assess Obesity
- Pathophysiology of Cardiovascular Risk: Central Adiposity
- Lipid disturbance
- Prothrombotic state
ADA Clinical Guidelines For Treatment
- Algorithms for Treatment
- Lifestyle changes
- Medication use
- Lab monitoring
- Recognize and prevent complications
- Pharmacology/Mechanism of Action of Each Medication Class
- “Add on” Progression
- Oral medication
- Non-insulin injectables
- Insulin regimens – including basal/bolus insulin
- Signs, Symptoms, and Diagnostic Criteria
- Acute complications: DKA, HHS
- Chronic complications
- Cardiovascular Disease
AADE7™ Healthy Behaviors for Diabetes Self-Management
- Healthy Eating
- Being Active
- Take Medication
- Problem Solving
- Healthy Coping
- How to Reduce Your Risks
Would you like to be contacted? Tracey Long – The Ultimate One-Day Diabetes Course ?
- Summarize the following: Diabetes Mellitus’s impact locally and nationally.
- Discuss the pathophysiology of Type 1 diabetes, Type 2 diabetes and gestational diabetics.
- Assess obesity and sedentary habits, as well as their impact on insulin resistance.
- Discuss the ADA Clinical Guidelines and your treatment goals.
- You can compare the treatment options of injectables, oral medication and insulin regimens.
- Explain the AADE7™ “Behavior Goals” In education for self-Management of diabetes
- Reduce your risk of developing diabetes by learning how to recognize and prevent chronic complications.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration Lifetime access
- Skill level All levels
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes