The second stage begins when pain is controlled, and the objectives shift to enhancing function and performance.File Size:2.09 GB
Format File:[Video – 6 MP4, 1 PDF]
Dr. Stuart McGill – McGill Method 2 – Assessment
You will learn:
- Recent developments in science and in skills to assess back pain, dysfunction, and pathology across the broad spectrum of clients
- Interviewing skills in conducting and extracting insights that reveal pain mechanisms
- A robust set of testing competencies of many specific pain provocation tests, together with a logic that directs convergence on the pain mechanism(s)
- How to find and test an antidote strategy for immediate change in symptoms
- How to create progressions and regression to enhance client progress
- Skills that allow you to understand the client’s cognitive status and influence on movement patterns so that you are the most effective person to help them.
Attendees will hone their manual skills, together with clinical reasoning skills, work-shopping tests both on and off the exam table. This will lead to a precise diagnosis that forms the foundation for teaching the patient how to wind down their pain sensitivity. The second stage begins when pain is controlled, and the objectives shift to enhancing function and performance.
The lectures by Prof McGill can be viewed at your own pace. You have 1 full year to access and review all lecture material. Prof. McGill brings in a real life patient, and performs a full McGill assessment. This proves to be one of the most valuable and popular aspects offered in this course. You may follow along with your own mock-patient to ensure your understanding and skill acquisition.
“NOTE: The content above has been rewritten by our library.”
“To read more original content please visit here. Powered by Dr. Stuart McGill .”
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 10 weeks
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 45
- Assessments Yes